Homestead Hall Welcomes Jimmy Fortune - October 14, 2022
Don't miss Jimmy Fortune LIVE at Homestead Hall for a solo performance on October 14th.
Fortune sang tenor for the Statler Brothers for 21 years beginning in 1982. During this part of his musical career, he wrote hits such as "Elizabeth," "Too Much on My Heart," "My Only Love," and "More Than a Name on a Wall." "Elizabeth" was also released as a top bluegrass single for Dailey & Vincent. When the rest of the legendary Statler Brothers group retired in 2002, Fortune continued to tour extensively across the United States and writing country, gospel, and bluegrass tunes.
Jimmy’s career included The Nashville Network’s popular “The Statler Brothers Show” which aired for seven seasons and debuted in 1991 as the highest-rated show for the network. Jimmy was privileged to perform at the White House on two occasions, once for President Ronald Reagan, and once for President George H. W. Bush. He also presented a special gift to actress Elizabeth Taylor by singing his song “Elizabeth” to her for a birthday celebration.
Jimmy and The Statler Brothers were inducted into the GMA (Gospel Music Association) Hall of Fame on October 29, 2007, and inducted into the CMA (Country Music Association) Hall of Fame on June 29, 2008. Jimmy, as a solo artist, was also inducted into the Virginia Musical Hall of Fame in 2018.
His first solo CD, "When One Door Closes," was released in August 2003 on Audium/Koch. Fortune released a gospel album, "I Believe," in June 2005, a Christmas CD, "Feels Like Christmas," in 2006, a live concert DVD in 2007, a country CD, “Windows” in 2009, “Lessons” in 2012, and “Hits and Hymns” CD / DVD through Gaither Music Group in 2015. That album debuted at #10 on the Billboard Country Album, #1 on the Southern Gospel chart, and #6 on the Billboard Contemporary Christian chart. The DVD debuted at #1 on the Billboard Music Video charts. In 2017 he recorded a compilation of his favorite songs called “Jimmy Fortune Sings The Classics” on the Gaither Music label. Jimmy is currently living in Nashville, writing, touring, and recording a new project for Gaither Music called “God and Country” which was released in May of 2019. Fortune was also part of the quartet featuring fellow artists Bradley Walker, Mike Rogers, and Ben Isaacs on the album known as The Brotherly Love Project.
Fortune recently performed at the Homestead as part of the inaugural 2022 event, The Homestead Festival this past June.
*Note, there is LIMITED SEATING and tickets available.
** TICKETS will be AVAILABLE for download AFTER PURCHASE (Please look for the download link).
*** Prices are PER TICKET and are NON-REFUNDABLE or TRANSFERRABLE for a different concert date.
Visit our full FAQ page for travel info to Columbia, TN.
- Parking gates open at 5 pm CT
- Doors open at 6 pm
- Show starts at 7 pm
- The Concert Hall is about 45 mins south of Nashville, just 5 miles off I-65.
- The address is: 4544 Highway 431, Columbia, TN 38401
- The closest airport is the Nashville International Airport
- There are lots of hotel options nearby. These are just a few:
- FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES: 1545 Halifax Drive, Columbia, TN 38401 - (931) 548-8444
- COMFORT INN: 1544 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia, TN 38401 - (931) 388-2500
- SLEEP INN: 1605 Harley Davidson Blvd, Columbia, TN, 38401 - (931) 548-2900
- RED ROOF INN: 1548 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia, TN 38401 - (931) 381-1410
- HAMPTON INN: 1551 Halifax Drive, Columbia, TN 38401 - (931) 540-1222
- BLYTHEWOOD INN: 109 Blythewood Drive, Columbia, TN 38401(931) 982-0907
- AirBnB's: There are lots of great local places to stay. Check out Mike Wolfe's Two Lanes Guesthouse and some other charming options near Columbia, TN at HouseandSanctuary.com.
- We do NOT have RV hookups at the concert barn. There are two places nearby that do.
- Campers RV Park: 1792 Bear Creek Pike Columbia, TN 38401 931-381-4112
- Henry Horton State Park: 4209 Nashville Hwy Chapel Hill, TN. 37034 931-364-2222
- Visit one of our three family owned locations:
- MARCY JO'S MEALHOUSE is only a mile away at 4205 US-431, Columbia, TN 38401.
- If you visit downtown Columbia during your trip, be sure to visit MARCY JO'S MULETOWN at 105 E. 6th St. Columbia, TN. 38401
- MARCY JO'S BAKERY is located at 1340 Highway 99, Lewisburg, TN 37091
- Note, there's also a Cracker Barrel and other restaurant options within a few miles at I-65, exit 46.
If you’re looking for more info about what to do in Muletown (our hometown of Columbia), here is a list of hotels and info for some of our most Frequently Asked Questions from our website. You can also check out visitor information at visitcolumbiatn.com or visit the newly opened Visit Columbia, TN Welcome Center located at 713 N. Main St. on the Downtown Square.